Friday 8 November 2013

Your eyes will see the King in His beauty!

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(Alexander Smellie, "The Hour of Silence" 1899)

"Your eyes will see the King in His beauty! They will behold a far-distant land!" Isaiah 33:17

If God is mine, then I shall dwell on high with Him forever. I am traveling to a world where I shall be fully satisfied.

My intellect will have her blessing then. Just now I am learning many glorious lessons in the school of Jesus; but there are questions of the mind which remain unanswered, and problems which are still unsolved. But by and by I shall know even as also I am known--clearly, unerringly, perfectly.

My conscience will have her blessing then. Since Christ became mine, her troublesome accusations have been stilled, and her governing power has been restored. But she has her fears even yet, and her difficulties and uncertainties. It is not quite the full noon in the realm of conscience. But, when she walks with the Lamb in white, all the shadows will be gone.

My will, too, will have her blessing then. By the grace of God, I have an obedient will now, whose delight is to run the way of the Master's commandments. Yes--but traces of the old rebelliousness linger within me, to my own sorrow and shame. When I see the King, I shall gladly serve Him day and night!

And my heart will have her blessing then. Jesus has met her craving for love; and yet she is crying out for more of His presence and Himself--more and more! But, in the far-distant land, my heart's most daring requests will find their fullest response, and she is content and at rest.

What stores of happiness, what rivers of pleasures, are at His right hand!

"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore!" Psalm 16:11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment