Wednesday 6 November 2013

Search Me!!! Try Me!!!


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Ps. 139:23-24) Jesus said of the publican: “I tell you, this man went down to his house justified ratherthan the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” (Luke 18:14)
Perhaps naiveté abounds in my thought process of real Christianity, but I have always believed that one who is saved possesses a passionate desire to draw nigh unto his beloved Redeemer and heavenly Father. I have believed there is an inherent craving hunger to grow in the grace and knowledge of God and Christ that holy righteousness might gloriously blossom upon the mountain tops of spiritual Zion. Perhaps I am naïve, but please permit me to remain in my ever so childishly innocent hope.
Let me bask in the light of the Father’s searching eyes of pure love. How tender is His presence! How sweet are His whispers of instructions! How glorious indeed it is to have my heart and thoughts melted into His! Abstain if you will Pharisee, but I will not allow you to wedge your self-righteous pious nose between me and my Love. I am determined to feast upon the nectar that flows from His pierced side that I may know Him as He knows me.
The believers’ salvation and fellowship with the Heavenly Father, his heirship with Jesus the Christ, and the gushing up of the living waters with in his soul out of the Holy Spirit are of a far more eternal value to perish in the gainsaying of this world. Let the entire world rise to the pinnacles of Phariseeism, but my knees shall ever bow in fullness of gratitude for the blood at the foot of the Cross.
I am persuaded that He that has begun a gracious work in me will continually fashion His righteousness in me with the most meticulous care. Oh, yes indeed! Search me! Try me! Purge me! Transform unworthy me into Thy likeness, my precious Saviour!  

No comments:

Post a Comment