Friday 8 November 2013

That Which I Have Committed Unto Him


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (Rom. 5:1-2) “… I am not ashamed: for I know whom I believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”(II Tim. 1:12)
It is one thing to open one’s mouth and proclaim an eternal hope that is secured by the gift of faith sealed solely by the blood of Jesus, the Son of the living God; but it is most critically another thing to personally take all and deposit it into the hands of Jesus with the expectation of a glorious eternal living union with Him. This “persuasion” with “commitment” takes on a far greater dimension when one commits the fate of the ones he so desperately loves into “this grace wherein we stand.” How persuaded are you?
When my son Zach laid in the ICU bed nearing death’s door he put his arm around my neck and pulled me close and cried: “Fix it daddy, take the cancer away!” I explained that it was not within my power to do so, but if I could I surely would. Zach just laid there and wept. This is when everything I have believed and preached came into the fire. Zach believed by the mercies of God the testimonies I had given for years of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Now, was it sufficient for my precious son as he prepared to cross the barrier into eternity? This was more than my pathetic soul at stake here; this was my “Bud,”my “Sunshine,” my Zach.
Was I persuaded, totally convinced, that the only way of salvation and eternal life was by faith in the blood of the Lamb and that alone? Was I sincerely prepared to commit Zach’s eternal destiny into the depths of God’s grace and faith in the blood of Jesus? I wrestled with God for almost four years as Zach battled cancer. Unreservedly I say, YES! I “am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day”!  

No comments:

Post a Comment