Monday 27 November 2017

Daily Thoughts November 27, 2017

With God nothing is impossible is something we hear often nowadays, but what does it really mean?

Luke 1:37  For with God nothing shall be impossible.

The first obvious meaning is that God is omnipotent and can do all that pleases Him.

However, I fear that some often use this verse to mean that if you are saved and put your faith in Christ, then you can do the impossible. And the following verse is also often used to justify this reasoning:  “Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me”. I believe this is an abusive interpretation of the Scriptures.

I do believe that when we are God’s elect, God often turns impossibilities and deep trials into blessings and open doors that we would never have dreamed off and can even empower us to accomplish great things by His grace that we would never have been able to accomplish on our own. But it is always by God’s grace and power and according to His will.

I have seen the Lord open doors for my husband, my children and me when it seemed impossible. But I believe this always happens only according to His will and when we seek to live for His glory and prayerfully ask for His leading and provision by faith. It is not a way for us to get our way and will no matter what. It is a result of submission to His will and Lordship and always for His glory. And yes, I have often seen the Lord do the impossible in our lives. Praise the Lord!


Matthew 17:20-21  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment