Monday 18 April 2011

Those everlasting arms!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~



(James Smith, "Daily Bible Readings for the Lord's Household")

"Underneath are the everlasting arms!" Deuteronomy 33:27

That is--underneath every believer.
Those everlasting arms are there . . .
to bear him up,
to bear him on, and
to preserve from all real danger.

The arms of God are . . .
invisible--no one sees them;
spiritual--no one feels them;
careful--no one falls out of them;
omnipotent--no one overcomes them.

If the everlasting arms of my God are underneath me, then . . .
I may quietly yield myself unto Him;
I may confidently expect divine protection;
I may be certain that He will lift me above my foes;
I may feel assured that He will safely convey me home.

Aged saints may rejoice in this; for to them the Lord says, "I will be your God throughout your lifetime--until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you!" Isaiah 46:4

And weak believers may rejoice in this, for "He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart!" Isaiah 40:11

O to realize this sweet and encouraging truth: underneath me are the everlasting arms!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment