Sunday 9 April 2017

You keep track of all my sorrows!

   ~  ~  ~  ~


(The Preacher's Book)

"You keep track of all my sorrows!
 
You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book!" Psalm 56:8
Not a single sigh for past sins, escapes His ears;
not a groan of the heart, but is heard by Him;
not a tear falls to the ground, but He puts it into His bottle!

Not a breathing of the soul after His holiness;
not a loathing of our own unholiness;
not an act of self-abasement, or humbling ourselves for sin;
not a yearning of the soul for a purity which it has not;
not a single act of mercy;
not one act of self-denial;
every fragment of our poor sorrow and service--
God gathers and stores up! Nothing is forgotten or lost!

"You keep track of all my sorrows!
 You have collected all my tears in Your bottle.
 You have recorded each one in Your book!" Psalm 56:8
   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment