Friday 13 September 2013

Rest In Hope


From the Pastor:  Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.
 
“I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.” (Ps. 16:8-9) 
Hope is not empty on either end.  All of the Father’s promises are stamped with an eternal guarantee fixed in the blood of the Lamb.  With the completed end of hope there is not a single inconsistency.  It shall be as He has promised.  However, hope must have a throne upon which to rule.  A kingdom without any citizens has no significance.  The redeemed are the life of holy eternal hope.  If there were no redeemed there would be no need of hope.
Where is hope’s throne?  Is it not in the hearts of the redeemed?  Verse eight is the antecedent of verse nine.  The contents of verse eight must exist before the contents of verse nine can be relative. 
“I have set” reveals a determined effort and purpose.  “Before” means in front of, or ahead of the big “me.”  It is written that the Lord is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last for a reason.  Thou shalt have no other god before Me is an unwavering command.  Securing God ahead of self-desires and self-interests gives birth to true holiness and godliness (worshiping God correctly).  
The reason He must be set “before” is because He is the Almighty our Divine Sovereign.  In the times of Biblical battles it was common for the mighty ones to be to the right for the unhindered use of their sword hand and as a place of earned honor.  The redeemed must acknowledge His sovereignty and give Him His due place of honor.  When God is set in His rightful place of rank and honor the throne of hope will not be shaken or overcome.  
The heart then blossoms and springs forth into praises and rejoicings soaking up the harmonious relationship of the redeemed and the Redeemer.  An unspeakable peace gently settles within the soul and upon the flesh and enters into His rest.  Now, I lay me down to sleep the sleep of death and shall awake in completed hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment