Sunday 8 September 2013

I was almost gone!

  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~



(J.R. Miller, "Help for the Day")

"But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped." Psalm 73:2

The God of the Bible, is the God of those who have failed. Wherever there is a weak, stumbling Christian, unable to walk alone--to him the Divine heart goes out in tender thought and sympathy, and the Divine hand is extended to support him and keep him from falling. Wherever one has fallen, and lies in defeat or failure--over him bends the Heavenly Father in kindly pity, to raise him up and to help him to begin again.

"Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory." Psalm 73:23-24

"My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me." Psalm 63:8

"
Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe" Psalm 119:117
     ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  


No comments:

Post a Comment