Monday 10 September 2012

Bring It On!



From the Pastor:  Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.



“My bowels, my bowels!  I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.”(Jer. 4:19)  “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” (II Tim. 2:4) 

O the great agonies of war!  Why must that which is created in the image of God be such brutal beasts?  Is it not because sin has entered in and has bequeathed to the human race the putrefying stench of their grotesque condemnation in the nostrils of God?  Mankind by the nature of its spiritual death is at enmity with a Holy God.  Lucifer cast out of the Heaven of Heavens has been in combat mode since he received the penalties of his rebellion against the Almighty.  That Wicked One is the father of the viciousness of a war launched against the portals of heaven, the angelic host, and the sons of God.  There is no neutrality in this endeavor, for all are drafted into its ranks.  Saints of God may your bowel burn within and give you no peace until you cry out “Here am I my Captain of Salvation!” 

 The spirit of Anti-Christ has been a formidable archenemy of the saints of God since times of antiquity.  It is prophesied: “I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;” (Dan. 7:21)  Thus, we are made to know that the intensity of the battle shall cause the saints to wail and yearn for their Redeemer, and He shall come.  Enoch foretold: “Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,” (Jude 14)  Do we not also know that when He comes he will “smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.”? (Rev. 19:15) 

Let our bowels pain with cravings for the coming of our Captain!  Let our voices cry out to the Wicked One, “Bring it on, for the sword of our Lord shall destroy you!”  We bow not to tyranny but to grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment