Wednesday 5 December 2012

His all-seeing eye!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(James Smith, "Nothing Too Hard for God!" 1864)

"There is nothing too hard for You!" Jeremiah 32:17

There is nothing too difficult for God to discover.

His eyes are in every place--beholding the evil and the good.

Nothing can elude His notice, or escape His all-seeing eye!

All things are naked and open before Him with whom we have to do.

He approves, or disapproves--of every motive, word, or action which passes before His omniscient eye.

He discovers the true state of every HEART--though the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.
Every heart lies naked and exposed before Him.
He fathoms its depths.
He turns over its intricate folds.
He analyzes its dismal contents.
He is fully acquainted . . .
with every principle which influences it,
with every thought which arises within it,
with every word and work which proceed from it.

No one can hide his heart in secret from the Lord!

"Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139 23-24
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment