Tuesday 14 December 2010

If I Perish, I Perish


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.

“Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.” (Esther 4:16) “Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” (Acts 21:13)

One of the most tragic fatalities in our generation has been the determined unwavering commitment to the cause of Christ and the kingdom of God in truth. Our forefathers in the faith that was once delivered unto the Apostles abundantly provided for us noble and glorious testimonies of standing tenaciously upon the Rock of the Ages. They turn neither to the right or to the left; they neither retreated nor surrendered the advancing faith of Biblical Christianity. Steadfastly they confronted torture and death with an iron clad determination to spread and to proclaim the true Gospel message of the Lord Jesus Christ. Even when the devils of hell sought to crush their spirits, our forefathers remained as bold lions.

When these precious saints’ commitment transcends all human reasoning, the question must be asked – WHY? Then David’s question echo’s back – “Is there not a cause?” Is there not at least one small element of our so great salvation that one could find reason enough to spark a fire of a determined commitment to the Gospel of Christ Jesus? Have our eyes become blind? Have our ears become deaf? Have our hearts been iced over and our consciences seared with a hot iron? Is there no fire left within our bones to cry out: “Here am I, Lord! Use me! Conform me to the image of your Son! Consume me upon your altar of sacrifice!” What did the holy saints of old have that we cannot have today? Do we not have the same God? Do we not have the same Saviour? Do we not have the same Holy Spirit? Do we not have the same cause?

Search the deep and dark crevasses of the heart and seek for the spirit of the holy lions of God. If we perish, we perish; but let us perish as lions of the King of Kings! God forbid the continuation of this slaughter of cowardly believers. If we must die, and we shall, let us die with dignity as the determined holy men of God’s army!

No comments:

Post a Comment