Friday 13 October 2017

What He has purposed in eternity past--He works in time

   ~  ~  ~  ~


(James Smith, "The Evening Sacrifice; Or, A Help to Devotion" 1859)

"Remember the former things, those of long ago. I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times--what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please!" Isaiah 46:9-10

Thus the Lord speaks--and thus the Lord acts.

What He has purposed in eternity past--He works in time. Then the plan was drawn--and then the provision was made. God's purposes cannot fail, nor shall His work ever be left unfinished. What He has promised to us--He will give to us; and the work He has commenced in us--He will complete. Whatever concerns our salvation--He will perfect, according as it is written, "We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son . . . And those He predestined--He also called; those He called--He also justified; those He justified--He also glorified!" Romans 8:28-30

This is God's plan--commenced, carried on, and completed by Himself--to the praise of the glory of His grace!
   ~  ~  ~  ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment