Monday 22 July 2013

God's school!

  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~


(Hannah More)

"Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. " Psalm 119:67

"I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me. "  Psalm 119:75

"Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. " Isaiah 48:10

Affliction is God's school in which holy virtues are acquired, and Christian character is formed.

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." Psalm 119:71

"Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." Hebrews 12:11

     ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment