Friday 14 June 2013

When God Raises The Spirits of Men


From the Pastor:  Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.
 
“Then rose up the chief of the fathers of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests, and the Levites, with all them whose spirit God had raised, to go up to build the house of the LORD which is in Jerusalem.” (Ezra 1:5) 
A God centered life is a virtue of extreme rarity in this generation.  Please understand that the reference is not to religion.  Religion has never done anything for a godly relationship with the Eternal God.  Religion always diverts man away from true godliness.  Religion always brings death and condemnation because it focuses upon dogmas and doctrines rather than faith in the blood of Christ Jesus.  Real Christianity centers its thoughts and purpose upon the Gospel of Jesus and the will of God.  True believers are engulfed in the depths of the Spirit and Grace of God and seek to know and do His will.  The devoted sons of God are unreservedly dependent upon the moving leadership of the Holy Spirit of Almighty God. 
Apostle Paul admitted:  “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” (I Cor. 15:10)  We marvel at the life of this great Apostle, yet few consider the power behind his relentless motivation.  The Holy Spirit of God raised Paul’s spirit out of the grave of self-centeredness up to the mountain tops of glorifying God.  In the end of his life Paul could honestly declare: “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:” (II Tim. 4:7)  When the Father raises the spirits of men there are no limits to the heights of useful and fruitful service in Kingdom work.  
Charles Spurgeon said, “All we want is the Spirit of God.  Dear Christian friends, go home and pray for it; give yourselves no rest till God reveals Himself.”  One dear hymn pleads: “Breathe into me O Breath of God, ‘til I’m wholly Thine; ‘Til all this earthly part of me glows with fire Divine.”  Ask and He shall give! (Lk. 11:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment