Sunday 23 March 2014

Thomas Watson's choice quotes on affliction

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



(Thomas Watson)

Affliction is a bitter root--but it bears sweet fruit!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God's afflicting rod is a pencil to draw Christ's image more distinctly upon us.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Affliction is God's flail to thresh off the husks--not to consume the precious grain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fiery trials make golden Christians!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

God only threshes the precious wheat--but He burns the useless chaff.
He chastens the righteous--but He condemns the wicked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The godly have some good in them--therefore the devil afflicts them;
and some evil in them--therefore God afflicts them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Afflictions are sharp arrows--but are shot from the bow of a loving Father!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For one affliction--we have ten thousand mercies!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Before I was afflicted I went astray--but now I keep Your word!" Psalm 119:67

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted--that I may learn Your statutes!" Psalm 119:71

"I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right--and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me!" Psalm 119:75

"No chastening seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it!" Hebrews 12:11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment