Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Christian's vital breath!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(David Harsha, "The Savior's Intercession")
"O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy." Psalm 130:2
Prayer is the motion of our renewed hearts towards God.
Prayer lifts the soul unto Him in sweet and heavenly
communion, 'Unto You, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.'
Prayer calls down upon us the choicest blessings of heaven.
Prayer brings our spirits near the throne of
God, and fills them with inexpressible delight.
Prayer elevates our views and affections far above
this world of sensual and perishing enjoyments.
Prayer is the Christian's vital breath!
No true child of God can live without prayer.
If we have the spirit of adoption, we
will be often crying, 'Abba, Father!'
"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You.
My soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You
in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water."
Psalm 63:1
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment