Wednesday 22 March 2017

Morning Devotional March 22, 2017

Psalm 139:1-7

O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?”

O how often we think our private lives and secret thoughts are known only to us? And yet, as children of God, our Heavenly Father is always there. Watching and listening to our every deed and word.
The Psalmist gives us a clear reminder in this chapter that we are not alone and our very thoughts are known to God. O how we often forget that we are His Holy Temple where His Holy Spirit resides. We can never escape His presence.
Yet how many times, just in one day, not to mention in a life time, do we act as though we never knew Him? From the television shows and movies we watch to the jokes we laugh at that our co-workers tell to the rage and foul language we may us when driving in traffic. He is there through it all. And then there is that phone call or text or Facebook message where we gossip about another one of His children. Do we not think these things grief Him? Do we actually think we will get away with these things unpunished? What would we react to our own children doing these things? Sadly many of us would think nothing of our own children doing these things because we have taught them so well to follow the world not God.
O child of God I encourage you today to think before you do those things that dishonor our Lord. Stop and think before laughing at that joke. Stop and think before you sit down to watch television with the family. Stop and think before before rage over takes you in traffic. Stop and think before you gossip about your brother or sister in Christ. Contemplate “What is God going to think when I do that or say that?” Follow Christ.

Praise ye the Lord!!!
 
Stephen McCool Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment