Saturday 28 January 2017

I was sprinkled when I was a child!

   ~  ~  ~  ~

Some tell us that in baptism, by which they mean infant sprinkling as a rule--they regenerate and make members of Christ, children of God, and inheritors of the Kingdom of Heaven!
But those who are sprinkled as infants are no better than other people! They grow up in just the same way as others. The whole ceremony is useless and worse than that, for it is clean contrary to the example and teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ! No aqueous applications, no outward ceremonies can ever affect the heart!
The fact is, baptismal regeneration is a lie--a wicked invention of Popery, without the slightest warrant in the Word of God! Not one has ever been born-again in baptism, nor ever can be!
We are told that infants can be regenerated by baptism--and we have seen these regenerated infants develop into what, to our minds, was nothing more than baptized heathen, washed to deeper stains!

I was sprinkled when I was a child--but I know that I was not thereby made a member of Christ, a child of God and an inheritor of the Kingdom of Heaven! I know that nothing of the kind took place in me--but that, as soon as I could, I went into sin and continued in it!
I was not born-again, I am sure, until I was about fifteen years of age, when the Lord brought salvation to my soul through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit--and so I was enabled so trust in Jesus as my Savior.
Read the New Testament impartially--and you will always find that those who were baptized were believers.
   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment