Friday 23 September 2011

Trusting the Lord in everything.

Text Prov. 3:5

By Pastor Randy Johnson

A. Trusting the Lord is not making our own choices in life.

1. Many people will tell us to follow our gut feeling, but God says different. “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

a. This does not sound like that is following our own gut feeling.

b. Isaiah 26:4 “Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:”

2. Our trust and faith is to be in the Lord for every decision of our lives.

a. Nehemiah 4:14 “And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.”

b. By faith we; think, move, work, and go to war.

c. How deep is our faith? Psalms 5:11 “But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.”

d. Lets remember, we are God’s children, and God is our everlasting strength. Psalms 37:5 “Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”

e. Leave nothing to doubt. Deuteronomy 28:66 “And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:”

f. Psalms 62:8 “Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.” The word “refuge” means a place of shelter but also means a place of trust. And by trust we mean with confidence or surety.

B. Three things we get from our text.

1. God is the Fountain of all good.

a. Ecclesiastes 3:13 “And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.”

2. He has made his intelligent creatures dependent upon himself.

a. Psalms 18:1-6 “I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. (2.) The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler {protector}, and the horn {power} of my salvation {liberty, deliverance}, and my high tower {inaccessible place}. (3.) I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. (4.) The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. (5.) The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. (6.) In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

3. He requires us to be conscious of that dependence.

a. 1st Corinthians 2:5 “That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

b. Psalms 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.”

4. He knows our ever need.

a. Matthew 6:8 “Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.”

b. Therefore, our strongest faith should be in Him and nothing else. “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment