Sunday 9 July 2017

Morning Devotional July 9, 2017

1 Corinthians 15:1-11
1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.”



O child of God, do you remember the gospel by which you were saved? O how could we ever forget!!! O the sacrifice our Lord and Savior made for His people!!! He gave all that we might have all!!!
O how it does us good to read again from God's Word, the life, death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior. The very Son of God!!! O what greater love hath no man than this, that he would lay down his life for his friends!!! All because He loved us!!!
What a soul stirring thrill it should give us to hear the gospel preached and taught again.
But you say you care not to hear the gospel again? Once was enough to save your soul and once is enough? What? Did you believe in vain? Was your professing of Christ false? What child of God would not want to hear again how Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to save His people from their sins? If this is you friend, you, more than anyone need to hear the gospel of Christ over again!!! Put away your selfish pride and believe on the name of Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!!! Forsake the world and the lust there of and follow Christ!!!



Praise ye the Lord!!!

Stephen McCool Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment