Tuesday 15 April 2014

The eyes of your heart!

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(James Smith, "Food for the Soul" 1867)
"He has opened my eyes!" John 9:30

When Jesus opened my eyes . . .
I saw what a vile sinner I was;
I saw what fearful danger I was in; and
I saw what a glorious Savior He was!

When I first saw His beauty--I thought I would never take my eyes off Him!

When I first tasted that He was gracious--I imagined I would never lose the relish!

When I first felt Him to be precious to my soul--it appeared to me that I would never value anything else!

Blessed Jesus, you have opened my eyes--or they would have been forever closed to my danger, Your loveliness, and Your salvation!

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know . . .
the hope to which He has called you,
the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and
His incomparably great power for us who believe!"
Ephesians 1:18-19
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment