Wednesday 23 April 2014

Our present sufferings

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(Thomas Brooks)

"Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey Your word!" Psalm 119:67

"It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn Your decrees." Psalm 119:71

"I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness YOU have afflicted me!" Psalm 119:75

Afflictions are called by some "the mother of virtue."

Manasseh's chain was more profitable to him than his crown.

Luther could not understand some Scriptures, until he was in affliction.

Oh, how sweet is . . .
a harbor after a long storm, and
a sunshiny day after a dark and tempestuous night,
and a warm spring after a sharp winter!
Just so, the miseries and difficulties that a Christian meets with in this world--will exceedingly sweeten the glory of the eternal world!

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us!" Romans 8:18

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment