Monday 28 October 2013

We shall lose nothing but our dross!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(James Smith, "The Pastor's Evening Visit")

" Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction." Isaiah 48:10

" And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness." Malachi 3:3

" But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10

Job was in the furnace! It was heated seven times hotter, but he was conscious of his integrity. He knew that though he was imperfect--he was sincere. He knew that he had a living Redeemer--that his God knew his heart, his motives, his desires, and his course. Therefore he felt confident that he would not be consumed--but only refined.

This is the design of all our trials. They are . . .
to make us fit for the Master's use;
to make us reflect the Savior's image;
to fit us for eternal glory!

However fierce the fire--we shall lose nothing but our dross! God sits by the furnace as the Refiner; He superintends the whole process of purification, and He removes us from the fire, the moment His design is accomplished.

Tried Christian, your God is refining you!
His design is most loving!
He will take care of you!

Say with Job, " But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment