Wednesday 5 May 2010

Go to Him just as you are--and receive from Him all you need!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(James Smith, "The Pastor's Morning Visit")

"Come unto Me." Matthew 11:28

Jesus calls you to His throne of grace. He is there waiting to hear, relieve and bless you. You are to go to Him just as you are--and receive from Him all you need.

He will give you:
wisdom--to direct your steps;
peace--to keep your hearts;
strength--to do His will;
righteousness--to justify your souls;
and rest--unspeakably sweet.

He is glorified in bestowing these blessings upon you. He calls you this morning, this moment--to receive all you need--without money and without price. What a precious Savior is Jesus! What a kind and tender Friend!

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16

"Come!" He says, "Come to Me! Do not go to SELF, to the world, to the empty cisterns which creatures idolize; but come unto Me, and I will do immeasurably more than all you can ask or imagine!
Your sins--I will pardon;
your graces--I will revive;
your comforts--I will restore;
your holiness--I will increase;
your efforts to glorify Me--I will crown with success;
I will bless you--and you shall be a blessing!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment