Saturday 12 May 2018

Convicted and condemned, with the rope around his neck!


~  ~  ~  ~


(Charles Spurgeon)

" Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. " Romans 4:7-8

Too many think lightly of sin--and therefore think lightly of the Savior.

He who has stood before his God, convicted and condemned, with the rope around his neck--is the man . . .
  to weep for joy when he is pardoned,
  to hate the evil which has been forgiven him, and
  to live to the honor of the Redeemer by whose blood he has been cleansed.

If Christ has died for me--then I cannot trifle with the sin which killed my best Friend!

Look to the cross, and hate your sin--for sin nailed your Well-Beloved to the tree!

"A bleeding Savior I have viewed--and now I hate my sin!"

I feel that, if I could live a thousand lives, I would like to live them all for Christ; and I would even then feel that they were all too little a return for His great love to me!

   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment