Sunday 6 May 2018

CONTENTMENT


~  ~  ~  ~


(John Mason's Spiritual Sayings)

**The deeper your self-abhorrence--the easier is self-resignation.


**Those who know they deserve nothing, will be content with anything.

**We must commit our souls to God's keeping, and submit ourselves to God's disposing.

**We should obey His revealed will, and then be resigned to His providential will.


**Neither contentment nor discontentment arises from the outward condition, but from the inward disposition.

**If a man is not content in the state he is in--then he will not be content in any state he would be in.
 
" Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:11-13

  ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment