Saturday 17 February 2018

Daily Promises


Blue Letter Bible
February 17, 2018

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)


Ever blessed are those who put their trust in the strength of the Lord for He will bear them up. Labouring under the curse and by the sweat of his brow, man toils under a fell weight-and to his futility. Therefore, this promise of rest is a sure comfort to be felt by all of God's children. God, in His grace and beneficence, will bring all His people into an eternal Sabbath rest. No more, forever, need we worry that our work would be toilsome or labourious. His yoke is made easy and His burden made light-and so it is out of this rest that the child of the King will work joyfully for the welfare of the Kingdom. Praise the Lord for His ever-abounding goodness and mercy upon the saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment