Tuesday 9 January 2018

Every step along the path of life

~  ~  ~  ~


(John Newton)

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith!" Hebrews 12:2

Every step along the path of life, is a battle for the Christian to keep the eyes of the heart on Jesus.

If I may speak my own experience, I find that to keep my eye simply upon Christ, as my peace, and my life--is by far the hardest part of my calling.

Hungering and thirsting for Christ, is the central daily Christian discipline.

We depend on Him for hourly supplies of wisdom, strength, and comfort!

To know Jesus, is the shortest description of true grace;
to know Him better, is the surest mark of growth in grace;
to know Him perfectly, is eternal life.

This includes all I can wish for my dear friends--that you may grow in grace, and in the knowledge of Jesus.


   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment