Monday 1 January 2018

Daily Thoughts January 1st, 2017

Happy New Year to my friends, relatives and brothers and sisters in Christ!

PSALM 139:23-24 SEARCH ME, O GOD, AND KNOW MY HEART: TRY ME, AND KNOW MY THOUGHTS:
AND SEE IF THERE BE ANY WICKED WAY IN ME, AND LEAD ME IN THE WAY EVERLASTING.

Is there a better thing to ask of the Lord as we start a new year? I know things are not mysteriously going to get better or worse as we start a new year. But considering how much our salvation costed the Lord if we truly belong to Him, what better thing to ask and pray for than the Lord would see fit to cleanse and draw us closer and what better thing to do than consecrate this year to the Lord. There is none of the best (and I am definitely not among the best) that doesn’t fail or sin in some way. Is there any reason to live but to serve, worship the Lord and bring Him glory? I know my family and I desire for the Lord to use us and open ways to serve Him better for His glory as we start this new year. May the Lord show us mercy and grant us this petition!


No comments:

Post a Comment