Saturday 10 June 2017

What a comfort is this!

   ~  ~  ~  ~


(Thomas Watson, "The Good Shepherd")

"I am the Good Shepherd--I know My sheep!" John 10:14
Christ knows all of His sheep.
His knowing His sheep--is His loving them. This is a great consolation.

He knows every one of their names
"He calls His own sheep by name." John 10:3

He knows all the sighs and groans they make.
"My groaning is not hidden from You." Psalm 38:9

Christ knows every tear they shed.
"I have seen your tears!" 2 Kings 20:5
He bottles their tears as precious wine! "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book." Psalm 56:8

He knows all their sufferings.
"I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them." Exodus 3:9
"The Lord saw the bitter suffering of everyone in Israel." 2 Kings 14:26
Christ knows all their good works--all their works of piety and charity.
"I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance." Revelation 2:2

"I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep!" John 10:11

"He will place the sheep at His right hand--and the goats at His left. Then the King will say to those on the right: Come, you who are blessed by My Father--inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world!" Matthew 25:33-34

What a comfort is this!
   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment