Tuesday 27 June 2017

Morning Devotional June 27, 2017

Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”



I will be speaking to the men of God who are reading this today.
Are you willing to go if the Lord were to call today? Where are you willing to go? When are you willing to go? Do you have your own stipulations on when and where you will go? Or are you waiting on the Lord to make the way? There is a difference.
So many of God's men are so consumed with the ideas of the world or by the suggestions of friends and family that when the Lord does call they have no desire to go.
Notice in the sixth chapter of Isaiah, Isaiah does not hesitate nor does he question the Lord. When the question is asked by the Lord “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Isaiah immediately says “Here am I; send me.”
How many godly men do we all know who are well versed in God's Word and seem to have a desire to share with others the knowledge our Lord has given them of His Word? But when asked if they will go to pastor or will they go to the mission field, they say “not me”. And we hear every excuse for why they won't go or in their eyes, why they can't go. Whether it is their family or their job, or the worldly comforts they are accustom too. Most are not willing to leave behind the riches and comforts of this world for a life of living strictly by faith in God for their every need.
What good does it do us to have a knowledge of God's Word if we are not willing to use it to His glory? How many of the Lord's churches are starving and many even dying out because no one will go?
I challenge you all to think on these things. If God has given you a desire to teach His Word and to share the knowledge He has given you then is He calling you to go or has He something right where you are? Are you willing to go as did Isaiah and the other prophets in the Old Testament and the Apostles and other men were in the New Testament? Or will you set back and keep the riches of God's Word to yourself?



Praise ye the Lord!!!

Stephen McCool Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment