Monday 4 May 2015

View Him yonder!

"They will look on Me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for Him as one grieves for a firstborn son!" Zechariah 12:10

View Him yonder
, sinner, sweating in the garden. See the ruby drops of blood as they fall from that dear visage!

Oh, see Him sinner, see Him in Pilate's hall. View the streams of gore as they gush from those lacerated shoulders!

See Him, sinner--see Him on His cross!

View that holy head still marked with the wounds with which the thorns pierced His sacred temples!

Oh, view that pure face,emaciated and marred!

See the vile spittle still hanging there--the spittle of cruel mockers!

View those loving eyes floating in tears with languid pity!

Look, too, at those kind hands, and view them as they stream like fountains of blood!

Oh, stand and listen while He cries, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" Matthew 27:46

"A bleeding Savior I have viewed--and now I hate my sins!" John Newton

"The dearest idol I have known,
Whatever that idol be,
Help me to tear it from its throne,
And worship only Thee!"
~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment