Tuesday 8 March 2011

To King's Addition Baptist Church, and Supporters of Canadian Missions




Dear Brethren,

I pray that this report finds you with the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Lately, when anyone asks how I am doing, my standard answer is that the Lord and Satan are keeping me really busy! Equally, it seems.

Fortunately, the word of God tells us in 1John 4:4 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

February has seen us continue to get to know each other better here at the Mission.
The Lord has been gracious in teaching me the difference between being a preacher, and being a 'Pastor', albeit sometimes not so gently, but I am thankful that He has impressed upon all of us, that His hand is upon the work here, and that we have a growing unity in seeking to be obedient to Him, and to seek the grace, from Him, to strive to carry out His plan, which is the great commission.

I must express at this time of how loving and caring the folks here at the Mission are of me personally. They are extremely mindful of my needs, and see to it diligently that I want for nothing. Oh how sweet the love of the brethren!

We are at present, with the sanction of our home church, making plans to organise into a New Testament Church. We seek your prayers for those preparations.

Two weeks ago, Bro. Norman Starr, a Mission member, and I, made a trip to Fort Chipewyan, three hours SOUTH EAST of here, to conduct services on Saturday afternoon at the home of Bro. Lawrence Vermillion, a Mission member that lives in 'Chip'.
Bro. Norman's excitement and enthusiasm for his 'first Missionary journey' certainly were infectious(what did David say, "restore unto me the JOY of THY salvation").

We drove about three and a half hours across three rivers and a lake bed, on ice, not over bridges! On the way there, after crossing the first river, we were travelling on a 'bush' road, and I use the term 'road' loosely!

Time and time again I thank the Lord for the gift of that amazing Chevy truck, and the Brother that gave it to us. What an incredible resource and tool it is in the Ministry that the Lord has privileged us to be a part of.

We had lunch with Bro. Lawrence, and then in the afternoon we had services, after overcoming a visit from two 'Jehova's Wittnesses' . I explained to the young lady that introduced herself as a "Jehovah's Witness", that we were Jehovah's witnesses as well, but not in the way that she thought!

Services went well with ten of us present, including four of Bro. Lawrence's siblings. In the time since, we have had some very positive feedback to our time there, encouraging us in what we already knew, that there is a great opportunity to begin a work there (population 1100).

It seems that the 'Go ye' of the great commission, is indeed, continual and ongoing. Please pray as we look at the logistics of making regular visits to 'Chip'.

As uplifting and spiritually rewarding as the positive events have been this last month, I have personally, at times, been overwhelmed with loneliness from being away from my family for so long, and, recently, with heartfelt despair at the news of a twenty year old young man here in Fort Smith that ended his own life by shooting himself.

I can't escape the thought that this young man died without hope, yet I read in the bible Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

How simple is God's plan for mankind, belief in the Lord Jesus Christ, and then that we strive together to spread the Gospel through the preaching of the word, a simple message of hope, yet we see today so many divisions and petty differences among Baptists.

So many men with their own agenda, seeking their own righteousness. So many that call themselves Christians, that are ever too quick to judge others and point fingers, while neglecting their obligations of Brotherly love and obedience to God, totally oblivious to the destruction and despair around them.

How simple is the message of the Gospel, yet how can we ask why they don't get it, when it seems we can't even get it ourselves.

How terribly, terribly sad.

The total insanity of beaurecratic 'i' dotting and 't' crossing continues 'ad-nauseam'. I am so tired of being asked questions that I couldn't possibly have answers to. I simply leave it with the Sovereign God that I serve, and trust Him.

As long as I am here in Fort Smith(and regions beyond), I will seek daily to be faithful to the calling He has given me, through His strength, definitely not my own.

We ask for your continued prayers, and are so appreciative for the support, love and prayers that are shown to us by the faithful.

We are so thankful to those that have taken the time to contact us with cards, letters, emails and phone calls. It is so refreshing. Thank you.

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
Revelation 22:20.

In His Service

Gordon Wiegold

Canadian Missions

King's Addition Baptist Mission
PO Box 1156
Fort Smith
Northwest Territories Ph: 867 872-2418
Canada
X0E 0P0

No comments:

Post a Comment