Monday 14 March 2011

The time has come for my departure!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(James Smith, "The Better Land")

"The time has come for my departure! I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day!" 2 Timothy 4:6-8

Aged believer, the time of your departure will soon come! Do not let your mind be troubled as to . . .
where you shall die,
when you shall die,
or how you shall die!
These are all minor matters--and ought not to affect you.

Simply look at death as Jesus did: "Jesus knew that the time had come for Him to leave this world--and go to His Father!" John 13:1

Why should you regret to leave a poor world like this--where sin, sorrow, pain, grief, disappointment, and anxiety meet you at every turn? Why should you be reluctant to go HOME--to go to your Father?
Do you not want to see His face?
Do you not want to enjoy His company?
Do you not want to be perfectly happy in His presence?

"I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far!" Philippians 1:23

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment