Tuesday 22 February 2011

My friend, I know not what your trouble may be

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(James Smith, "The Pastor's Evening Visit")

"If I were you--I would seek unto God! I would lay my cause before Him!" Job 5:8

This is sound advice. It is much better than . . .
seeking unto men, or
poring over troubles, or
indulging a gloomy imagination, or
giving way to fears.

My friend, I know not what your trouble may be--but "If I were you--I would seek unto God!"

If I was in perplexity--I would seek unto God for wisdom.

If I was in sorrow--I would seek unto God for comfort.

If I was in weakness--I would seek unto God for strength.

If I was under guilt--I would seek unto God for pardon.

If I was in a severe conflict--I would seek unto God for victory.

If I was in doubt and fear--I would seek unto God for confidence and a sense of His favor.

If I was harassed by Satan--I would seek unto almighty God for protection.

If I was afraid of falling--I would seek unto God to uphold me with His omnipotent arm.

If I was alarmed at death--I would seek for His presence to comfort me.

Whatever you need--seek it from God!

Whatever you fear--carry it to God!

Whatever troubles you--lay it before God!

You cannot seek unto Him in vain, or without profit!

"If I were you--I would seek unto God! I would lay my cause before Him!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment