Friday 25 February 2011

Friend or foe?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(J.G. Pike, "Guide for Young Disciples of the Holy Savior")

"Can your heart endure, or can your hands be strong--in the day that I shall deal with you?" Ezekiel 22:14

The power and justice of God are armed with ten thousand terrors against every one who is not His child!

The love and goodness of God display ten thousand charms to every one who is!

O how dreadful must it be to have Him for a foe--whose thunders, lightnings, earthquakes, tempests, and pestilences can sweep millions to the grave in a moment! whose command would extinguish the sun, and crush the universe to nothing!

"Consider this, you who forget God--lest I tear you in pieces!" Psalm 50:22

But how inexpressibly desirable is such a friend--a friend . . .
whose knowledge no enemy can elude,
whose power none can resist,
whose wisdom none can baffle, and
whose love none can comprehend!

O why are you concerned about anything but God!

"As surely as I live, when I sharpen My flashing sword and begin to carry out justice--I will bring vengeance on My enemies and repay those who hate Me!" Deuteronomy 32:41

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment