Thursday 3 February 2011

Gordon Wiegold Report

January 2011



To King's Addition Baptist Church, and Supporters of Canadian Missions,



Dear Brethren,

It is hard to believe that January has come and gone already. The Lord has kept me extremely busy since arriving in Fort Smith, and I am truly thankful for that.

The extremes of the weather here are very difficult to adjust and adapt to. Just this past Sunday, the temperature before morning services was minus 40 Celsius (which is also minus 40 F).

Despite those extremes, God still works His Sovereignty, and Satan still does his best to hinder, and seek to destroy the work.

Early January saw me make a trip to The Pas in Manitoba, to visit with Bro. Dennis, and Sister Grace Brooks. They are faithful members of the Mission, and the last time Bro. Wayne Mowris visited with them was at least five years ago.

It was a long way there and back, and it was very physically demanding, but it was also so spiritually needed and uplifting.

I arrived at their house around 4:00pm on the Friday, and by 7:00pm I was preaching. We had some sweet fellowship afterwards, and spent some time sharing testimonies and getting to know each other a little better.

We rose early on Saturday and had devotions together, and then I preached a message. We ate, and then I preached again. We ate, and then I preached again.

We rose early Sunday morning, had devotions together, and then had services. I was prepared to preach in the afternoon, and then again in the evening, but Sis. Grace said that they were thinking that they might need to give me a rest in the afternoon, so I decided that it would be good to spend some time fellowshipping, and I asked them if they would like for the Mission(KABM) to take them to Dinner.

They were very excited at this prospect, so we readied ourselves around 3:30pm, and headed off (walking in -28C) for some very nice food, and some sweet fellowship.

They are very isolated in the community they live in of around 3,000 people. They have attended services a couple of times at a 'so called' Baptist church in the town, but found them to be 'Baptist' in name only, and did not have a pleasant experience with them.

Everywhere you go in this enourmous world we live in, there is a desparate need for sound churches.

I preached again Sunday evening, and retired early to get some rest for the journey back to Smith. We had devotions together on Monday morning, and I set off around 10:30 am, and arrived back in Fort Smith at 6:00pm Thursday evening.

Please keep the Brooks in prayer as we seek to meet their spiritual needs.

I am still planning to visit another 'out of town' Mission member, Bro. Lawrence Vermillion in Fort Chipewyan, about three hours North. We need to go while we still have an 'ice road' across the lake. Without that, it is a twenty hour journey. Bro. Lawrence has expressed the desire to start a bible study there in Chip, so we are looking at that prospect as well.

It has been a period of adjustment, for both the folks here, and myself, as we seek to grow together in glorifying the Lord, and carrying out the Great Commission.

This work has survived for thirty years, and we have been seeking the leading of the Holy Spirit in moving forward to organising into a local New Testament Church.

I have applied, through the lawyers, for an extension to my visitor's visa, and the good news is that it may take up to two months for a decision, but in the meantime, I can stay here under an "implied status".

Meanwhile we are still in the process of the original paperwork, of which the government now wants us to show that I will have an annual salary of at least $45,000(Canadian).

As exasperating as this may seem, I have learned that we must never leave God out of the equation.

There is so much going on here in Smith, and the potential is still real, not only here in Smith, but in Canada itself. I ask that you would pray that the Lord would raise up men, that are sorely needed in this great vast land, to preach the truth, and to spread the Gospel far and wide.

Please pray for my family as I am away from them at a time when they do really need me there, and pray that the Lord will allow us to be together soon.

We are so thankful for those that have stood by the work here, and have continued to support it, and us, and we pray, as Paul did in thanking the Phillipian church for their watch-care over him," Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account." Phillipians 4:17.

I welcome your comments, thoughts and prayers as we seek only to be obedient, and to serve Him.


In His Service
ybiC
Gordon Wiegold

Mission phone number: 867 872-2418.

No comments:

Post a Comment