Saturday 29 January 2011

The LORD Took Me (III)


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.

“And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel. Now therefore hear thou the word of the LORD: …” (Amos 7:15-16a) “But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:” (Gal. 1:15-16) Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:” (Acts 26:19)

Every single individual that has been taken by the grace of God unto salvation has a purpose, or duty, to fulfill. God never gives salvation without purpose. Paul said: “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” (I Cor. 15:10) Paul openly reveals that the fruit of his labor was not because he was so great in his abilities, but rather, it was the grace of God bestowed upon him working to fulfill his duties, which the Lord called him out to do.

The word “disobedient” carries the idea of not being compliant, or being persuaded to do contrary to the will of God. Paul in essence declares that he could not be persuaded by others not to serve God, and that he was compliant to his calling for service unto God. He did not consult with others before he made up his mind to be obedient. Paul obeyed the calling of God “immediately.” It is sad indeed to see those that claim to possess the grace of God in salvation sitting on the “Pews of Do Nothing” singing “I Shall Not Be Moved.” They are rebellious children, refusing to comply with the calling of God upon them. In this, the grace of God is bestowed in vain; that is, the grace of God is upon them, but they are unproductive by the persuasion of others or by self-reasoning not to fulfill their duties. This is outright ungodly rebellion!

Brethren, the churches of the Lord are in the state of deterioration because there are too many refusing to obey the calling of God immediately. Too many times we hear “someday I will serve the Lord,” but they never do. As a donkey they sit in the way with unmovable stubbornness braying their mouths off. Let us all not be guilty of wasting one iota of the precious grace of our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment