Friday 28 January 2011

The LORD Took Me (II)


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.

“And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel. Now therefore hear thou the word of the LORD: …” (Amos 7:15-16a) “But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:” (Gal. 1:15-16) Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:” (Acts 26:19)

For some perverted reason folks have this idea that they decided one boring day to give God a chance, or that they studied enough so they could make some kind of an intelligent decision to follow Bible teaching. Many have this arrogant attitude that they are in control of their destiny, and maybe it might be good to allow God to come into their plans. This is no more than sheer ignorance of the sovereignty of the most high God over all of His creation. Shall that which is created dictate to his Creator how to create him?

Amos said: “the LORD took me”! Paul said: “when it pleased God …called me by his grace,”! When did God take and call? When it pleased Him! God took Enoch. God took Noah. God took Abraham. God takes whom He desires to take and when He desires to take them. It is not left for the approval of that which He has created. Praise be unto the most high God that He TOOK ME! If it had been left to me, I would still be in Satan’s hog pen drenched in the stench of ungodly sins. I thank the God whom I serve that HE TOOK ME out of the bondage of sin and washed me in the blood of His blessed Son making me whiter than snow. I did not and do not have any power of my own. I am absolutely totally reliant upon God’s sovereign eternal declarations of mercies and grace toward my wretched and pitiful soul! Hallelujah, praise be His Holy Name!

Souls seek comfort of conscience in the pursuit of religion efforts, and they may deceive themselves but not the omniscient God. A hog standing in soapy waters is still no more than a hog. Ungodly sinners standing amongst the saints singing sweet, holy hymns is still damned in his sins. Heavenly portals are only reached by heavenly grace. The Owner of the heavens and the earth is still King of kings and Lord of Lords; and He takes as it pleases Him.






No comments:

Post a Comment