Friday 13 August 2010

My Gain


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.

“For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” “For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:” (Phil. 1:21, 23)

Is this indeed the thoughts of a suicidal mad man? Or, are we exposed to the higher calling of a man filled with the hope and the Spirit of the Living God? Is it madness to despise the perverse rampage of this wicked putrefying stench called civilization? What is civilized about a society without the rule of God within their hearts? The wretchedness of this world reeks in the nostrils of God!

The Apostle Paul first handedly experienced the defined differences of the two worlds. He wrote: “How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man utter.” (II Cor. 12:4) The word “unspeakable” means that Paul was forbidden to speak of those things which he saw and heard in the third heaven. It was unlawful by God’s decree because of the sacredness, that is, the very holiness and purity of one being in the midst of the heaven of heavens. This knowledge, though unlawful to be spoken, burned in the bones and mind of Paul. There was little doubt of his anxiousness to be with his Lord, to behold again the Lamb of God, the King of Kings sitting at the right hand of His Father on High. How could one forget and dismiss such a view and so sweet the words that flowed from the Master’s lips? Is it any wonder Paul writes: “For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:” (II Cor. 5:2)

Job preceding Paul says: “And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.” (Job 19:26-27) Can we not see and feel Job’s and Paul’s passion to dwell in the sweet smelling purity of the holy glory of His Majesty of the heaven and the heaven of heavens?

Have believers become so cold and indifferent to a true and holy relationship with GOD? Or, shall we ask of a truth, Can one truly believe that Jesus is the Redeemer of their souls and be totally at home in this world? O how satisfying to our souls it would to be basking in the glory and purity of our Most Holy God! My gain! My gain! Sweet freedom! What glorious ecstasy I dwell within!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment