Monday 30 August 2010

I Am NOW Ready To Be Offered


From the Pastor: Dr. M. J. Seymour, Sr.

“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:” (II Tim. 4:6-7)

I can remember a time when folks were committed to something; right or wrong, but they were committed to stand and strive for the fulfillment of something. I am utterly embarrassed with this generation of so-called Christians! The only thing they agree upon is to not stand for anything that may be construed as to having any relationship to the truth of God’s Holy Word. As a matter of fact, the only thing they will stand for is to not stand for anything that may require something of them. A toad frog has more commitment in a wart on the end of his nose than most so-called “Christians” can muster up in a life time. Now, I am being as polite as I can possibly can be; but it is high time, yea, past time for somebody to stand and cry out! Is it not written: “Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, …” (Is. 58:1) If the watchmen sleep and will not sound the alarm, who will? The time for patty-caking and lullaby singing desperately needs to end. The enemy is breaking through the gate and breaching the walls. Let the trumpets sound and see who will stand with the Everlasting God!!! Are the sugar plums dancing to the slumbering chords of pathetic excuses for “soldiers”? Are there none awake to sound the alarm? Or, are the consequences of awakening the poor dear little religious powder-puffs too much to endure? Well, so much for the good fight of the faith once delivered unto the saints of old!

The great Apostle Paul challenged: “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (Rom. 12:1) The other side of the coin is if you are not being a living sacrifice, you are being unreasonable. Most folk hiding under the umbrella of “Christianity” are some of the most unreasonable folk you will ever encounter. Generally, there is not enough backbone in a thousand of them to equip one soldier for the battle at hand. How rare a treasure it is to find a heart of valor!

Hear the alarm; shake off your sleep; put on the whole armor of God; raise up your sword; and be ready NOW as living sacrifices!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment