Sunday 31 May 2009

Salvation

Whoever wants to be saved, may be saved:
Rev 22:16-17 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Problem: no one wants. So whosoever will is not a good deal.
Rom 3:10-13 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips.

We need to be one of God's elect, God's intervention to save us:
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

How may we be saved? We need to repent and believe
Mar 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

We need to belong to Jesus' sheeps
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

How do we know if we are an elect, a sheep? We know we are a sheep because we believe and come to Jesus
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is a command, not a suggestion:
Mat 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Salvation=repent, believe, call upon the Lord, confess
Rom 10:8-13 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2Co 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Extract from Brother Keller's sermon http://www.baptistsonline.org/keller.htm

Dear Lord and Saviour, I thank you for your work of grace in my life, for dying for my sins at Calvary and rising again that I might have eternal life. I know I am your sheep because you are implanted faith in you in my heart. I know I am not perfect but you promised to never leave yours and I trust your promise to finish what you started til I meet you face to face in heaven. Help me carry my burdens and keep on working in my life thru the power of your blood, your grace, your word, your Holy Spirit so my life might show more and more of your glory. Forgive me of my sins and help me turn away from everything that is offensive to you. Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment