Thursday 22 March 2018

This is just the difference between the Christian and the worldling


   ~  ~  ~  ~


(Charles Spurgeon)

" And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21

" It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." Psalm 119:71

This is just the difference between the Christian and the worldling:
  The worldling blesses God while He gives him plenty,
  but the Christian blesses Him when He smites him!

He believes God to be too wise to err--and too good to be unkind.

He trusts God's heart--where he cannot trace God's hand.

He looks up to Him in the darkest hour--and believes that all is well.

" And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment