Tuesday 16 August 2016

Oh, what a blessed formula for us!

   ~  ~  ~  ~


      (John MacDuff)

"Nevertheless, at Your Word!" Luke 5:5

Oh, what a blessed formula for us!


This path of mine is dark, mysterious, perplexing! Nevertheless, at Your Word I will go forward.

This trial of mine is cutting, sore for flesh and blood to bear! It is hard to breathe through a broken heart, "May Your will be done!" But, nevertheless, at Your word I will say, "Even so, Father--for this is Your good pleasure!"

This besetting sin or bad habit of mine--is difficult to crucify. It has become part of myself--a second nature! To be severed from it would be like the cutting off of a right hand, or the plucking out of a right eye! Nevertheless, at Your Word I will lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily entangles me! This idol, I will utterly abolish!

"You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed!" Psalm 119:4

"Help me understand Your instruction--and I will obey it and follow it with all my heart!" Psalm 119:34
   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment