Saturday 7 May 2016

The Devil's Beans!

   ~  ~  ~  ~


    (Rowland Hill)

The other day I was going down the street and I saw a drove of pigs following a man. This excited my curiosity, so that I determined to follow. I did so, and to my great surprise I saw them follow him to the slaughterhouse! I was very anxious to know how this was, and I said to the man, "My friend, how did you manage to induce those pigs to follow you here?"

"Oh, did you not see?" said the man; "I had a basket of beans under my arms, and I dropped a few as I came along, and so they followed me."

Yes, and I thought, so it is--the devil has a basket of beans under his arm, and he drops them as he goes along, and what multitudes he induces to follow him to an everlasting slaughter house! Yes, friends, and all your broad and crowded thoroughfares are strewn with the beans of the devil!

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes!" Ephesians 6:11
   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment