Friday 29 April 2016

A dead dog sinner!

   ~  ~  ~  ~


    (David Eddmenson)

Upon arriving to services one Wednesday evening to my surprise there was an old, mangy, rejected, and forsaken dog sitting on the front porch of the church building. I was appalled and repulsed at the dog's sad appearance and horrible condition. This poor creature was in bad shape, yet all I can remember thinking was, "I wish this dog would go away."

I am so grateful that when my merciful, gracious, and compassionate Savior looked upon me, that His attitude was not like mine. "What is Your servant, that You should look upon such a dead dog as I am?" In my sight that poor dog was in bad shape--but how much worse do I, a dead dog sinner appear in God's sight?

"Christ died for the ungodly!"
Romans 5:6
   ~  ~  ~  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment