Wednesday 29 October 2014

My own special treasure!

  ~ ~ ~ ~


(Theodore Cuyler, "Wayside Springs from the Fountain of Life" 1883)

"Now if you will obey Me and keep My covenant, you will be My own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth!" Exodus 19:5

Luther said that there is great divinity in the personal pronouns of Scripture. "They will be Mine--in the day when I make up My jewels!" Malachi 3:17

Every true believer is surrendered to the ownership of Christ. Up to the hour of conversion we had other masters--self, sin, and the devil. Now Jesus says to each Christian, "You are Mine! I own you. I will instruct you, and polish you, and put you wherever it pleases Me. I will take care of your salvation, and nothing shall pluck you out of My hand. You shall be My own special treasure in the day of My triumphant appearing. I will place you in My crown!"

"You have been set apart as holy to the LORD your God, and He has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be His own special treasure!" Deuteronomy 14:2

"The LORD has declared today that you are His people, His own special treasure, just as He promised, and that you must obey all His commands." Deuteronomy 26:18

~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment