Thursday 7 August 2014

Above all, wait at the cross-foot!

   ~ ~ ~ ~

(Charles Spurgeon, "Flowers from a Puritan's Garden" 1883)

"Wisdom's dole is given at wisdom's gates!"

Those who wish for it--must go there for it.

Resort to the 'Beautiful Gate' of the temple--if you would obtain that healing which is given by the gospel.

Search the Scriptures--if you would find eternal life.

Hasten humbly to the gate of prayer--if you would obtain God's covenant blessings.

Above all, wait at the cross-foot
--for the purchased blessings of Jesus' love.

The dole is free and large, but God has His place appointed for its distribution--be often there.

Lord, I would not be absent when Your alms are being distributed, for I am as poor as poverty itself! See, I am even now waiting at the portal of Your grace. Give me, I beseech you, my daily bread from Heaven, and send me on my way rejoicing.

~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment