Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Christian's safety!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~



(James Smith, "The Way of Salvation Set Forth")

" Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust." Psalm 16:1

The lost sinner is in danger--in the greatest possible danger! He is always in danger, for . . .
the wrath of God abides on him,
the curse of God is leveled at him, and
the justice of God makes a fearful demand upon him.
He is like an unprotected traveler in a forest, where robbers and wild beasts unite to terrify and destroy. He is . . .
exposed to every storm,
liable to every calamity, and
may be cut down at any moment!
The law condemns him,
Satan seeks by all means to destroy him,
and his situation is truly dreadful!

But the believer is safe in Jesus:
his sins are pardoned,
his person is justified,
he is accepted in Jesus, and
to him there is no condemnation.
To him, Jesus is a strong tower, into which he runs and is safe.
To him, God is a shield, which defends him from every hostile weapon. God . . .
surrounds him as a wall of fire,
bears him up on everlasting arms, and
guides him by His strength to His holy habitation.

"For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock." Psalm 27:5

Every perfection of God is on his side,
every purpose of God secures his salvation,
every promise of God is made for his comfort and safety.
He is in the hands of Christ,
his name is engraved on the breast-plate of the Great High Priest,
and his cause lies near to the heart of the Omnipotent One.
Nothing that concerns him is left to chance,
his times are in the Lord's hands, and
God works all things together for his good.
He will have everything that is . . .
really good,
truly great, and
eternally glorious!
God is his Father--and he will defend His child.
Jesus is his Bridegroom--and he will protect His Bride.

If the power of God can preserve him--then he is safe; for he is kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.

If the love of God can secure him--then he is safe; for God loves him with an everlasting love!

Will a kind, fond, and tender mother take care of her child? Then will God take care of the believer, for He asks, "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb?" He admits, " yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.  Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. " Isaiah 49:15-16

The believer is safe from all real evils. He is under . . .
the special care and charge of Christ,
the sunshine of his Father's love,
the watchful eye of the Great Shepherd,
the guidance and guardianship of the Holy Spirit.

What a precious, unutterably precious truth is this! May we . . .
press it to our hearts,
enjoy it in our daily walk, and
relish it as we would our choicest treasure!

" The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalm 18:2

" For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock." Psalm 27:5
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment