Sunday 14 November 2010

Engraved!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(by John MacDuff)

"Behold! I have engraved you on the palms of My hands!" Isaiah 49:16

"Behold," says Immutable One, "I have engraved you on the palms of My hands!"
Not on the mountains, as colossal as they are--for they shall depart;
on no page of nature's vast volume--for the last fires shall scorch them;
not on blazing sun--for he shall grow dim with age;
not on glorious heavens--for they shall be folded together as a scroll.
But on . . .
the hands of might and love
,
the hands which made the worlds,
the hands which were transfixed on Calvary,
--I have engraved you there!

No corroding power can efface the writing, or obliterate your name!

You are Mine now--and Mine forever!

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;
no one can snatch them out of My hand!" John 10:28


No comments:

Post a Comment